Tummy Tuesday! Ice Cream Cone Cakes

Last week, I wanted to be a “fun Mom” who sent something “different” in for the end of season Lacrosse party.  I had completely forgotten about ice cream cone cakes!!  I fell in love with these all over again!cups

Ingredients

Cake mix – any flavor  {We like Funfetti}

Flat bottom ice cream cones {Joy sells colored cones}

2 tubs of whipped frosting – any color/flavor

Sprinkles or other decorations

Directions

Prepare cake batter as directed. While Betty Crocker recommends pouring the batter into cupcake papers and then placing cones upside down on top of the batter, I prefer filling the actual cone – not all the way to the top or the batter will spill over (I learned that the hard way!).  Then, your finished cone will look like this (instead of half empty): Ice-Cream-Cone-Cupcake

Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes.

Transporting the cone cakes is quite an adventure.  I decided on the egg carton, but here are a few other ideas as well:IMG_1464

ice-cream-cones-full-shot

I LOVE the next two photos and I plan on using cups the next time (but filling candy a little higher for my security!):

plastic

candy

DSCN0729Happy Summer Baking!

28 thoughts on “Tummy Tuesday! Ice Cream Cone Cakes

1. tenderfootmom February 8, 2016 / 6:19 pm

I love these…and the ideas for transporting…a definite hit with the kids x

2. giftjaipur January 19, 2016 / 11:52 pm

Hey. Thank you for the idea. Liked the concept. I will try it in my kid birthday party.

3. Kim August 2, 2015 / 9:16 am

Where did you purchase the cups with the lids? Great idea!

• Family to the 5 Power! August 3, 2015 / 11:20 am

Hi, I haven’t purchased them in over a year, but last time I’m fairly sure I found them at Party City. Any party supply or restaurant supply store should have them. I hope that helps!

4. Golden February 18, 2015 / 9:46 am

Hi, these are so cute! But what icing was used in the very top photo? It looks taller and stiffer then the subsequent photos. Thank you!

• Family to the 5 Power! February 18, 2015 / 10:43 am

Hi, I’ve only used frosting out of a can. It is “stiffer” when refrigerated and that photo looks good because the person piped the frosting through a pastry bag. I hope this answers your question! Thanks for stopping by. 🙂

5. Samantha February 3, 2015 / 3:53 pm

What did you put the cones in/on while you were baking them??

• Family to the 5 Power! February 7, 2015 / 10:37 pm

Hi Samantha, I put the cones in a muffin pan and secured them with foil around the base. I hope this helps! Thanks for visiting my blog :).

6. Alina September 18, 2014 / 1:49 pm

Won’t the ice cream cones burn in the oven? I’d love to test it before my son’s party but don’t have time…

7. drsusanministry September 3, 2014 / 1:39 pm

How did I not know about these?! Can’t wait to make them. Thank you.

8. jesusmyjoy August 19, 2014 / 6:10 am

my grandsons will love this

9. lisa evola July 28, 2014 / 10:48 am

I love the cups with the m&m’s on the bottom! My kids are grown….but I’ll bet they would still likt them! btw…thanks for the like’s on my blog!

• Family to the 5 Power! July 28, 2014 / 11:30 am

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting as well :). Ice cream cone cakes are so much fun!

10. thisbeautifullyimperfectlife July 24, 2014 / 4:11 pm

I love it! And thanks for all the tips on transportation. The first time I made these I dropped half of them on the way to the park for our party. Next time I will do much better thanks to your tips!

• Family to the 5 Power! July 24, 2014 / 10:36 pm

I dropped a tray of cupcakes myself in the driveway…there is no way to save them! I had to find a better way. Thanks for stopping by and commenting :).

11. bethbyrnes July 8, 2014 / 4:50 pm

What fun – such cute ideas and they look yummy!

12. Wendy Tomlinson July 8, 2014 / 12:10 pm

Oh yummy. These look delicious, I’m going to have a go at these.

13. ksbeth June 20, 2014 / 9:02 am

fantastic and thanks for reading and following. i love your post and look forward to reading more from you ) beth

• Family to the 5 Power! June 20, 2014 / 9:07 am

Thank you and I look forward to reading more of your posts as well. Enjoy the weekend!

14. explorenewness June 4, 2014 / 5:46 pm

Great post! I must try these soon! The twirled frosting in the top photo looks exactly like ice cream. How fun!