Book Review (I’ve included photos below): I have viewed countless children’s bibles over the years, and The Jesus Bible (NIV), Discover Jesus in Every Book of the Bible is terrific! Although the stated age group is 9-12, this bible could also be shared with children a couple of years older and younger.
A few truly excellent features include:
- 365 daily devotions which are located on every few pages.
- At the beginning of each book there is a page outlining items such as, “Where is Jesus in this book?” “Who wrote this book?” and “What are some of the stories in this book?”
- My favorite: super-short prayers on every three pages or so, which are extremely age-appropriate. These teach children to speak to God with gratitude and informality.
Other study helpers at the back of the book include:
- Table of weights and measures.
- An index of the devotions located throughout the bible for easy reference.
- Index of “Hints of the Savior/Jesus Revealed” throughout the Old Testament.
- Concordance and maps.
Being a hardcover, once you crack the spine, the bible lays open nicely. I was showing it to my 15-year old daughter and mentioned that a soft cover option would be nice. She reminded me that all my kids had hardcover bibles in their younger years, and she preferred them.
In summary, since Amazon does not have the “look inside” option, I have provided a few photos that I hope will be helpful. I requested this from Booksneeze (provided in exchange for my honest review) to share this with my godson. I believe he will love it!