Stargazer Lilies

I was wandering around for hours oblivious to the fact that my nose and chin were covered in an orange-yellow hue from sticking my face in these flowers! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fragrance of stargazer lilies. My daughter narrowed her eyes at me and asked, “when did you get all bruised on your face?” πŸ™‚Β

34 thoughts on “Stargazer Lilies

1. Moore to ponder August 18, 2014 / 9:11 pm

That happened to me once, too. I had been at a garden center and was melling them when my daughter was little. We left and went somewhere else, Then she or somebody asked me what was all over my face. lol

Blessings,
    Theresa

2. The Presents of Presence August 18, 2014 / 9:54 am

I love that you adore the smell of these flowers so much! It makes me giggle b/c I cannot stand the smell of them in my home. It makes me cough so maybe I’m allergic ~ even though I adore them!

• Family to the 5 Power! August 18, 2014 / 10:03 am

That’s what I have noticed-people either love or dislike the scent! They are beautiful to look at though even if the fragrance is overpowering for you. Thanks for checking out my blog today :).

• The Presents of Presence August 20, 2014 / 7:40 am

Oh yes, they are beautiful! Funny how we both are on opposite ends of the smell part! πŸ™‚ Giggle Giggle…but we can agree completely on the beauty!

3. Noelene August 1, 2014 / 9:20 am

So very beautiful!

4. Zestwriter August 1, 2014 / 1:07 am

Flowers lovely with their fragrance as you pass, you can’t help but stop and breath in the smell and admire the beauty of God’s art work. God Bless and thanks.

5. Mominthegarden July 31, 2014 / 5:11 pm

Oh how beautiful! I’m with you, love, love, love ’em! So cute what your daughter said. πŸ™‚ Dana

6. Levi Thetford July 30, 2014 / 7:20 pm

Very beautiful lillies and post. Enjoy the rest of your Summer!!!

7. Christy Birmingham July 30, 2014 / 3:10 pm

These are wonderful flowers! I love their scent πŸ™‚

8. atimetoshare July 30, 2014 / 2:13 pm

These are some of my faves. They are so intricate in design and an explosion of color. God has so many masterpieces.

• Family to the 5 Power! July 30, 2014 / 4:10 pm

They truly are…that is a wonderful description! I held them walking down the aisle 21 years ago! Thanks for your comment.

• Family to the 5 Power! July 30, 2014 / 3:55 pm

I know, right? When will they make scratch and sniff computer screens?! Haha! Thanks for visiting :).

• Family to the 5 Power! July 30, 2014 / 3:53 pm

Thank you! I’m crazy about stargazer lilies! I appreciate your comment :).

9. blmaluso July 30, 2014 / 9:10 am

LOVE stargazer lilies! But…I’m sad because I am allergic to them and cannot have them in my house. So, I enjoy them outdoors in their natural habitat:-)

Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos!

• Family to the 5 Power! July 30, 2014 / 3:51 pm

Oh that is so disappointing that you are allergic! But at least you can enjoy them outside :). Thank you for visiting today!

10. Michael July 30, 2014 / 9:08 am

There’s a great spiritual illustration there!

• Michael July 30, 2014 / 4:45 pm

Well I’m thinking the more we encounter Christ, the more we take on his characteristics. Further, 2 Cor. 2:15-16: “Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing. To those who are perishing, we are a dreadful smell of death and doom. But to those who are being saved, we are a life-giving perfume.”

• Family to the 5 Power! July 30, 2014 / 9:49 pm

Interesting illustration with the biblical fragrance reference. Thank you.