Old Wooden Picket Fences

I found myself strangely enthralled by these old wooden picket fences! I couldn’t help but think of the history…the hands that built them…the time that was invested…Do not move an ancient boundary marker
    or enter fields that belong to the fatherless. Prov 23:10

16 thoughts on “Old Wooden Picket Fences

1. myrajohnson August 13, 2014 / 10:55 pm

I can imagine the people standing there, putting the fences up. I can imagine the voices, too. Old farmers, young hired hands….. Thanks for posting! The sepia photo is my favorite. 🙂

• Family to the 5 Power! August 16, 2014 / 3:00 pm

Me too! I can imagine all that work…Thanks for your comment and I’m glad you enjoyed the sepia one :).

2. E.C. August 13, 2014 / 4:02 pm

Wonderful photos. Seeing nostalgic fences always put me in a pensive mood and I wonder about the history they’ve seen pass by them. 🙂

• Family to the 5 Power! August 13, 2014 / 4:10 pm

I felt the same way when I saw them and I’m glad that you did too! Thanks!

3. Natasha August 13, 2014 / 3:25 pm

Love those fence photos!

4. Paige Hamilton August 13, 2014 / 1:50 pm

These are beautiful photos! I’ve always loved old fences. I see them as a connector to the past … as well as a reminder of the boundaries God has placed around me for protection.

• Family to the 5 Power! August 13, 2014 / 3:02 pm

Those were both of my same sentiments – I saw history and boundaries. Thank you for visiting my blog today :).

5. April August 13, 2014 / 10:18 am

Today, life is so much easier, but it lacks character. Love the photos!

• Family to the 5 Power! August 13, 2014 / 3:00 pm

They do have great character, don’t they? Thanks for the comment :).

6. motherhendiaries August 13, 2014 / 9:10 am

Lovely pictures! I would have called these split rail fences, actually. (potato, potahto… haha!) I agree – I am in love with them and cannot help but think of whose hands built them and how long ago that may have been. A lovely post! 🙂

• Family to the 5 Power! August 13, 2014 / 3:00 pm

“Split rail fences” is the proper term for the older ones in the photos! I guess I just call them all “picket” :). Thank you for the clarification…I learned something new today!

7. atimetoshare August 13, 2014 / 9:07 am

Lovely pictures. Reminder that fences can keep things enclosed, but also safe from danger