The Glory of Nature by C.S. Lewis

“Nature never taught me that there exists a God of glory and of infinite majesty.
I had to learn that in other ways.
But nature gave the word glory a meaning for me.
I still do not know where else I could have found one.”  C.S. Lewis

Photos: mine

19 thoughts on “The Glory of Nature by C.S. Lewis

1. Winnie November 14, 2018 / 11:35 pm

Wow! Beautiful photos!

2. PlantsandBeyond November 7, 2018 / 9:15 am

Very beautiful, Just posted a post about glory 🙂 Looooove nature and your post is someaningful

3. Mama's Empty Nest November 6, 2018 / 7:08 am

Very nice! God always paints the most beautiful pictures for us to see in nature.

4. Anne Mehrling November 5, 2018 / 7:12 pm

Your photos are gorgeous. I think taking them was an act of worship.

• Family to the 5 Power! November 5, 2018 / 10:10 pm

I never thought of it that way, but I’m certainly in awe of God when I’m admiring His creation! Thank you!

5. Kathy November 5, 2018 / 3:43 pm

Great photos! C.S. Lewis is always a good idea. 🙂

6. Timelesslady November 5, 2018 / 2:13 pm

What a perfect quote for your beautiful Autumn photographs. I love the wisdom of C.S. Lewis.

7. AmyRose🌹 November 5, 2018 / 10:42 am

Your images took my breath away! It has been so difficult for me to capture yellows this year and you have done an outstanding job doing just that. Brava! Nature to me is a sure way for me to connect to God no questions asked. I totally 100% understand regarding the glory of God being shown through Mother Nature. 🍁🍁🍁

• Family to the 5 Power! November 5, 2018 / 10:04 pm

God’s paintbrush giving us such remarkable beauty to behold! That’s awesome that you connect to God through nature. He is the ultimate Creator!

• AmyRose🌹 November 6, 2018 / 11:48 am

My nomenclatures for God are varied within my writings as my audience is so vast and who come from many different cultures. But yes, God I connect with strongly through Nature and if anyone has eyes to see this, it is plain to see that my images reflect God in all His Glory! (smile) I agree that He is the Ultimate Creator. My amazement never runs short of those Creations! 💖