You’re Middle Age When…

You try something on in a dressing room and don’t bother to look in the mirror until you’ve determined it is comfortable.

I took 10 items into a dressing room a few days ago. Whether I put on pants or a top, I immediately did a few yoga stretches, squatted down, sat on the bench and did a lap around the hallway.  Only when I felt sufficiently comfortable in something did I bother to look in the mirror.

Yes, I do care very much about my appearance…thus, the shopping (and my eldest daughter is in the fashion world)! Like any other gal, I love cute clothes but they need to be practical for real living. In my twenties, thirties and much of my forties, not so much. I was definitely looking first, worrying about how I felt later.

Now days? I’m so over anything even remotely snug, stiff, scratchy, too thin, too bulky, too hot or too cold. And, yes, appropriate yet trendy and comfortable are simultaneously possible! It just takes me a little more time in the dressing room.

No matter what I’m wearing during the day, putting on pajamas at night is the best-feeling outfit ever.

Happy Friday!

33 thoughts on “You’re Middle Age When…

1. ForgivingConnects November 18, 2018 / 11:09 pm

This is fantastic! Very funny 🙂 Good to meet you — thank you so much for finding my blog. Blessings to you,
    Debbie

2. anne leueen November 17, 2018 / 7:29 pm

YES! I am in complete agreement with you and I am now past “middle” age. Comfort is paramount.

3. cactusflower18 November 13, 2018 / 1:02 pm

Oh, I just loved this; so real to life; I love my Jammies too and I could have a whole wardrobe of them!!!

4. CHRISTY ISTRATE November 13, 2018 / 2:29 am

I agree… Comfort is priority! Even with shoes.. I started choosing comfort over looks on those as well. LOL!

5. murisopsis November 9, 2018 / 10:07 pm

You made me smile! I wear scrubs all day at work and it is like wearing pjs. When I wear real clothes I too am looking for that comfort. I’ve discovered leggings and knit tops – stylish and nearly like pjs!

6. Roos Ruse November 9, 2018 / 10:19 am

You can say all that again, but I agree already!

7. Author Ryan Callahan November 9, 2018 / 10:17 am

That’s funny! I’m 40 and my wife buys most of my clothes at Costco now. 🙂 I hate trying stuff on! Happy Friday to you as well, God bless!

• Family to the 5 Power! November 9, 2018 / 12:11 pm

Yes, the mens fitting rooms tend to be far less crowded than the womens! God bless you as well!