Happy March!☘️

I heard birds chirping this morning. For many readers out there, you’re wondering why this deserves attention. In my part of the frigid northeast, we haven’t regularly heard birds at dawn in a couple of months. It was a joy to hear the tweets, reminding me that Spring really will arrive…eventually.

A short while later, the sun shown brightly through the window blinds in the kitchen. Again, no big news for many folks, but for those of us who have been dwelling in a long, miserable stretch of gray gloom, the sun was extraordinary…a true gift.

Walking through a local park, sparkles reflected off of the fresh snow. I’m still mesmerized by the ice crystals phenomenon…me preferring to skip the science and just enjoy sheer brilliance twinkling in the 12-degree air. Countless photographers have far more riveting shots of snow sparkles, but here is my lame cell phone pic:While snow and cold were part of my March 1st, sun and birds also made an appearance and it was glorious. It felt fresh. Happy March!

“The snow is sparkling like a million little suns.”

Lama Willa Miller

23 thoughts on “Happy March!☘️

1. Bernice March 3, 2019 / 5:25 pm

I heard a bird the other day and wondered what I was hearing! It has been such a frigid winter in the Northeast!

2. Invisibly Me March 2, 2019 / 3:53 pm

I love the signs that spring is just around the corner. In fact, I was thinking only yesterday how lovely it was to hear a few birds chirping merrily, it’s beautiful 🙂
    xx

3. Wendy March 2, 2019 / 8:44 am

Good for you . Those signs of spring, though small, bring joy!

• Family to the 5 Power! March 2, 2019 / 10:50 am

They really did bring some joy. BTW, the meals I was reading about on your blog last night looked delicious! Looks like you were working hard in the kitchen during your time off the road🍴.

4. Irene March 2, 2019 / 8:14 am

Your lovely shot of sparkling snow is just what I needed this morning! Thanks for the reminder that spring is getting closer all the time. ❤️

5. wrestlingwordblog March 2, 2019 / 6:24 am

Yes, the snow-sparkles have been amazing this winter. Like rainbow prisms. Like giant glitter flung all over.

6. momlifewithchiari March 2, 2019 / 1:20 am

I have to admit, I’ve never seen snow. I’ve made trips to Canada and New York in missing the snow – intentionally. Being from Florida, I don’t know how my body would react to 12 degree weather. 😣😊
    Beautiful pictures!

• Family to the 5 Power! March 2, 2019 / 10:43 am

To have never seen snow, I can’t imagine😄⛄️! But it must be sweet to be able to go outdoors this time of year with no snow boots and parka jackets!☀️

• momlifewithchiari March 2, 2019 / 10:53 am

Yes, I’ve avoided the snow like the plague! Lol
        Yes! No snow boots here 😊🙌🏽

• CHRISTY ISTRATE March 3, 2019 / 3:44 pm

You’d adjust. I did. I’m from Florida too and now I run 🏃‍♀️ on snow days if I have too because I don’t like missing my run MORE than I care to avoid the 🥶 cold. 😬😂

• momlifewithchiari March 3, 2019 / 8:38 pm

That’s determination! 🙌🏽
        I’m sure I would if I had no choice. But if I had to choose to visit or see snow – nah! 😏 I’m good. Hehe!

7. Michelle March 1, 2019 / 9:37 pm

I’m so ready for spring! The snow is beautiful in your photos, though!

8. grAnnie Roo March 1, 2019 / 7:49 pm

You cell images are superb especially compared to my phone camera.!