Wednesday Waiting…

“Waiting for the ice to crack!”

Too bad I didn’t have my good camera on a recent walk, but these geese made me laugh as they were waiting for the ice to thaw. Captured these on my phone, but not too close so the quality isn’t too sharp (geese are nasty if you get too close!). They were gingerly walking around, staying near the grass and making a bunch of noise!

The next day, they were gone. Getting another couple inches of fresh snow might have been one of the reasons…

17 thoughts on “Wednesday Waiting…

1. lghiggins March 21, 2019 / 11:46 pm

What a nice surprise on your walk. This may not have been with your best camera, but the shots turned out great anyway.

2. Mama's Empty Nest March 21, 2019 / 10:46 am

Geese really can be very nasty! My pregnant daughter-in-law and granddaughter were just walking to pick up some dry cleaning when a crazy goose began attacking them. Literally flew at them and started pecking their heads. Frightened and trying to shield granddaughter from the attack, daughter-in-law fell. A passerby was so concerned, he called 911. A little over the top, but still a scary experience. Thankfully. both our dear ones and unborn child are okay and didn’t get seriously hurt.

• Family to the 5 Power! March 22, 2019 / 12:01 am

That’s a scary story. I can’t believe one flew at them. How frightening that experience must have been and they will never forget it. Thank God all (three) were ok. These nasty geese encounters posted here are warnings to us all!

• Mama's Empty Nest March 22, 2019 / 9:54 am

It was scary! They think maybe they walked near a nest and didn’t realize it or else that goose was just demented.

• Family to the 5 Power! March 22, 2019 / 3:18 pm

I know of someone else who walked by a nest he never even saw and was attacked. Your daughter in law being pregnant and your little granddaughter being there made it all the worse.

3. Invisibly Me March 21, 2019 / 8:32 am

Aww they’re not the only ones getting impatient waiting for spring weather! xx

4. JT Twissel March 20, 2019 / 4:47 pm

Fantastic pictures – worthy of a Christmas Card I’d say, even though it’s – yikes – almost Easter.

5. cactusflower18 March 20, 2019 / 4:08 pm

Well, that was nice! Yes, getting a few inches would kind of put a damper on things; thanks for sharing those cute pics!

6. JanBeek March 20, 2019 / 3:41 pm

The ice just melted all the way across our Madison River yesterday. Yay! Happy Spring! I hope those geese are headed here!

7. RobbyeFaye March 20, 2019 / 3:25 pm

Looks like it’s starting to thaw a little more!
    You are right about geese! My son was bitten by a couple when he was little-they left nasty sores! They were so aggressive and could outrun him!!!

• Family to the 5 Power! March 20, 2019 / 4:10 pm

Your poor son! Especially when kids are little they just see cute birds and don’t realize they are dangerous. If I’m walking on the path, I literally walk way around them as they get nasty even if there’s a decent distance in between.

• RobbyeFaye March 20, 2019 / 5:21 pm

I know! I didn’t realize how mean they are!! He was traumatized for a while. In fact, he was even talking about it this weekend!!
        I don’t blame you for giving them a wide berth!!