16 thoughts on “Monday Gratitude

1. Talasi Guerra April 29, 2019 / 11:08 pm

“If only _____, then I will be happy.”

I have definitely fallen into this trap over, and over again. Thanks for the reminder that gratitude and joy are a choice!

2. JT Twissel April 29, 2019 / 2:45 pm

As John Lennon once said, “life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans” – happiness is the same. You can’t plan for it.

• Mama Duck May 1, 2019 / 9:38 am

I’m glad you enjoyed it! Sorry for the delay…I just discovered your comment in my spam folder! :/

3. cactusflower18 April 29, 2019 / 1:01 pm

Thank you for this post! It’s so true…..why worry and think that everything that is good that one can be thankful and grateful for is in the future, it’s a now word and things are around us every day that we can be thankful and grateful for such as blue sky, the fragrant whiff of flowers; they are all so different. I can be grateful for my health, my roof over my head and clothes on my back. I have been in a third world country and what a difference! I have much to be thankful for….mostly though for my salvation relationship with Jesus Christ!

• Family to the 5 Power! April 29, 2019 / 1:06 pm

Amen! A friend of mine was just in a third world country as well and her stories have truly stayed with me…we are exceedingly more fortunate than we give Him thanks for.

4. Nova April 29, 2019 / 12:50 pm

Have you watched Brenè Brown’s Netflix special?
    I just love it (so I’ll be talking about it for weeks but anywho)! She says Joy stems from gratitude… And when we immediately shit on ourselves when we feel joy (as if expecting something to wrip it from our lives, leaving us completely devastated), practicing gratitude allows for joy and happiness.

5. JanBeek April 29, 2019 / 11:33 am

I love this! Such synchronicity! Today is my day 7 – G = Gratitude … May I use this picture?

6. Mama's Empty Nest April 29, 2019 / 10:07 am

Exactly what we’ve been studying in my Bible study – finding contentment through thankfulness. Here’s a thought from our discussion: “Happiness may be getting what you want, but contentment is WANTING what you GET and thanking God for providing it.”

• Family to the 5 Power! April 29, 2019 / 12:15 pm

“Finding contentment through thankfulness.” – An excellent thought. This area is a struggle sometimes and having Bible study time devoted to contentment and thanks is time well spent.

Thank you for commenting!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s