Small Signs of Spring

This mornings air is 44-degrees crisp, the sky is gray and the smell of cold rain through my cracked kitchen window makes me want to bake an apple pie. It feels like a lovely October day (sigh). While I love autumn, we northeasterners are craving warmth. Having traveled to a few different states in the last four weeks, God forgive me but I’m quite envious of every state south of New York. Even our close neighbors in Pennsylvania have far more life growing from the ground and trees than we do.

While Spring is still struggling, some welcome greens and sprouting flowers give hope that warmth is on the way. Even those pesky dandelions are giving me reason to smile this May day.

29 thoughts on “Small Signs of Spring

1. bigskybuckeye May 18, 2019 / 6:41 pm

Thank you for sharing your glimpses of spring. In central Ohio, we are beginning to feel more like spring, but a few mornings ago, I was dressed in layers, wearing a stocking cap, and keeping my hands warm in gloves while enjoying a pre-dawn walk.

• Mama Duck May 19, 2019 / 6:23 pm

Crazy weather changes this Spring!☀️ Let’s hope consistent warmth will arrive soon.

• Mama Duck May 10, 2019 / 5:52 pm

I agree. The long winter makes even dandelions very welcome🌼.

2. bigskybuckeye May 9, 2019 / 12:25 pm

Beautiful photos! Spring is in full swing here in central Ohio. I appreciate you following my writing. I will be checking back to see what else you post here.

• Mama Duck May 9, 2019 / 2:20 pm

Thanks and I was happy to find your blog today for the first time via another site! Enjoy the spring weather in Ohio☀️.

• bigskybuckeye May 9, 2019 / 2:23 pm

I appreciate that you discovered my blog via another site. Someone must be giving me some support.

3. Mama's Empty Nest May 9, 2019 / 8:40 am

I’m sending warm thoughts and hope for spring to bust out all over for you from here in Pennsylvania!!

4. M.B. Henry May 8, 2019 / 5:36 pm

Lovely pictures – it’s sure starting to look springy! (Also – I love dandelions)

5. JanBeek May 8, 2019 / 5:13 pm

I totally understand! We have the same delayed spring here in western Montana!

6. Trudy Den Hoed May 8, 2019 / 1:14 pm

I so identify with your blues, Mama Duck. It’s a cold, rainy day here again in the MIdwest. Just when I thought we didn’t need to take some pots of annuals inside anymore and I thought it was safe to plant some annuals yesterday. Now tonight my husband is going to have to cover them. 😦 Thank you for the beautiful photos that give hope. 🙂 I needed that today! Love and blessing to you!

• Mama Duck May 8, 2019 / 1:56 pm

One nice day and I’m sure you were so excited planting those first flowers. I stored away our winter boots only to retrieve them soon after😕. Hope your plants recover nicely🌸.

7. Invisibly Me May 8, 2019 / 1:01 pm

Beautiful! 🌷Sadly it’s all grey and cold and rainy here in my corner of the UK, and I think even the flowers are giving up now. Fingers crossed spring comes back and summer isn’t far away. xx

• Mama Duck May 8, 2019 / 1:52 pm

That’s funny: “even the flowers are giving up”! I hear you. Yes, looking forward to summer arriving.☀️

8. Irene May 8, 2019 / 8:53 am

Spring is definitely a bit slow in showing up this year. Patience is hard at times. 😔

Thank you for commenting!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s