Vacation!

True friends are few and hard to find. My precious one of 20 years lost her cancer battle and went to be with Jesus three years ago. Her daughter has grown to be my bonus 4th child.

There was deep, profound loss and heartbreak that we all endured but God has restored us in many ways. Last year, my friend’s daughter fell in love with a fun-loving young man. Her “destination wedding” is in Europe. I have never been there before, but we sent our oldest daughter (22yrs. old now) for a 10-day school trip when she was 17. Both of my daughters are in the wedding and we’ll stay for a week after to visit two countries. It’s been such joy preparing alongside the bride, but I’ve certainly shed some tears thinking about my friend.

On a lighter note, the girls gowns are carefully packed, ready for an international flight and I’ll be back online in a couple of weeks!

Happy August to all!See the source image

28 thoughts on “Vacation!

1. Invisibly Me August 5, 2019 / 10:54 am

I’m sure her mother would be so happy to know you and your own daughters are in her daughter’s life, and that she’s happily getting married. I hope the wedding is beautiful & that you all have a wonderful time. Enjoy Europe! Safe travels 😊
    Caz xx

2. Lisa R. Howeler August 3, 2019 / 10:10 am

How very exciting for all of you! I am sure you’re friend is so happy you can be there for her daughter!

3. worrylessjourney August 3, 2019 / 8:42 am

My best friend also died three years ago. Sadly her daughter, who was born with serious heart problems also died the following July. I am just glad she didn’t have to endure that loss.

Have a wonderful trip and a great August!

• Mama Duck August 3, 2019 / 11:27 am

That must have been heart-breaking for you losing them both. I’m so sorry. Thanks for the good wishes💖.

4. lghiggins August 2, 2019 / 10:41 pm

Blessings to the bridal couple. May all of you enjoy a fabulous European vacation. It will be bittersweet, but how wonderful that you can be there for your friend’s daughter.

• Mama Duck August 2, 2019 / 11:10 pm

I agree-bittersweet yet thankful to be there with her. Thank you💖.

5. JanBeek August 2, 2019 / 7:14 pm

This sounds like such a wonderful opportunity! I’m so glad you can be there for your daughter. Her mom will be with you in spirit. What countries will you visit?

• Mama Duck August 2, 2019 / 10:58 pm

Thank you💞. I’m sure it will be amazing. I’ll post pics of the countries!!

6. Carole Duff August 2, 2019 / 6:54 pm

Have a wonderful time! No doubt, more tears will be shed. I’m praying they are for joy.

• Mama Duck August 2, 2019 / 10:56 pm

Thank you so much. That is so kind of you💕.

Thank you for commenting!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s